Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Pack my bags and I'll be heading home.

My dreams of being a model...has been crushed.

The Public Relations Committee of the 32nd Students' Council was supposed to send two members to model the new Fun-O-Rama shirt. Shernise, our ever ingenious head, devised the weirdest method of choosing the models, in which she sends a relay and the first person to reply to that relay will be the model. The thing about relays is that they work like a chain, whereby she sends it to someone, that someone sends it to me, and I loop it back. Being at the bottom of the chain, I was the last few to replied.

Am I the kind to take injustice like this sitting down? No! A firm believer in democracy, meritocracy and the Three Stars of Philippines, I used my "People Power" and made a verbal protest, which was heard, and just like that, after some consideration and twists of faith (the two who replied first backed out, yay), I was declared...one of the models. Of course, I'm not just one of the models...more like the best one, but never mind.

So anyways, I'm looking forward to this modeling gig, and at home, I'm practicing my strut, posture (abs slightly out forward!) and even the tilt of my head (20 degrees above the x-horizontal). I work out too...I'm jogging and doing push-ups...and sit-ups...and all that nonsense.

And then yesterday came, and after much walking, I felt the pain. Apparently, I haven't been wearing the correct shoes when I was running; I never bothered with the proper apparel, and it appears that my shoe didn't have enough sole-support, and I've hurt my left sole in one way or another. Every time I take a step on my left foot, there's this jolt, and come yesterday evening, I was limping. I practiced my walk, but my form...the perfection...I couldn't attain it again.

I called Soemin, and he replaced me for the modeling thingy. It's sad. So sad.

Gah :(

In all seriousness though, narcissism aside, I'm super disappointed that I got myself hurt. All that training is now redundant lah, and shit, because I won't be at my full strength. Let's just hope my foot will recover in time...Jonathan Chow said he had a similar injury and he took two weeks to recover. Oh dear.

PS: I think this post is OTT melodramatic. Forgive me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter