Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Hole

Yesterday, I was down for Gala Dinner duty. What's that, you ask? Gala Dinner is a fund-raising extravaganza held by ACJC; the theme this year is "Let it shine!", and had the primary aim of raising funds yet again, for the upcoming Centre of Performing Arts. The CPA, after all, costs a bomb, and from the breakdown of the budget I saw yesterday, we've got a bit more to go to covering all the bills.

But enough about that: let's talk about me.


I woke up especially late yesterday at nine, OMG. I used to wake up at 7, and was pleased with waking at that time; I love spending my mornings doing "loner" stuff, like reading manga, or books while everybody else is still asleep. Or jogging. Jogging's fun. Anyways, I had to 1) get a haircut for my duty and 2) buy new shoes for my duty. My hair was getting out of control, and I realise it's time to return the shoes I've borrowed to their respective owners. I've held onto their soles long enough.


Getting the hair-cut was simple enough; go down to Sing Post for a snippity-snip and you get another good-looking guy, albeit with shorter hair. The shoe was a bleeding head-ache. I trooped over to Suntec's Bata...but I didn't have enough money, so I trooped back home where I was supposed to meet my mum to get some extra dough (sialah, ghetto speak). My mum calls me up when I'm on the bus home and asks me to head over to my brother's school. So begrudgingly, I got off the bus and crossed to the other side. And I get another call asking me to go home instead and wait there; my mum wanted to save me the trouble of travelling too much, so I crossed to the other side again and went home.
I waited for 40 minutes just for her to get home. My bro had some stuff to settle in school apparently. I'm not blaming anyone for the delay, but boy was I pissed off.

Pass me a pen-knife, stat!

Time is 4:50! Time to reach destination is 5:15!


4:50 - Boarded the taxi.

4:57 - Reached Suntec

4:59 - Alighted from taxi (damn taxi driver and his incompetence!)

5:00 - Reached Bata.

5:01 - Bought new shoes without trying them out (This is gotta be a record. Amazing how I can take a minute to do something which takes a whole day to do for some.)

5:02 - Tried running to Ritz Carlton!

5:03 - Discovered that I was lost.

5:03 - Reached the Taxi Stand.

5:07 - In Taxi!
5:09 - Reached Ritz Carlton.
5:11 - Got lost, asked for directions, found toilet.

5:13 - Discover his pants still has a hole at the side.

5:14 - Changed and report!


GOAL! AND HE MAKES IT ON TIME! NO DEMERIT POINTS! YASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!


The duty itself was quite simple. Stand near the auction gallery, look imposing so that nobody tries to steal any of the goods, yet look amicable enough so that guests feel free to approach you for questions. It was a difficult balance to strike; it was made even more difficult because of the fact that there was a hole in my pants. No, it wasn't in a controversial place: at the seams at the left side, just below my pockets was a hole the size of a ten cents coin.
People didn't notice it, at least I hope they didn't, but I was so conscious of the damn hole. I felt my confidence leaking out of it, seriously. Like...you look at me and you go "Wow," but the moment you see the hole, you go "Eww,". That's the stuff I worried about.

As the night progressed, even my energy leaked out of the hole. I felt dizzy, weak at one point, and the room started spinning like nuts. Moral of the story: Never ACSpose your holes. Sorry for the "ACS", it's a hard habit to break, especially after spending Thursday afternoon exhausting the dictionary of ACS-puns. "The Golfing ACSperience", "The ACSian Drive"...somebody ACSecute me. Gah.

Duty was long, but I was treated to some performances from the ACJC Performing Arts; Drama was awesome, dance too, and choir was good! There were other performances from ACS-ACJC students, our alumni, like Hossan Leong and Gani. Hossan did some stand-up, which is not really funny, but drew some laughs all the same. Their voices were kick-ass though.


So the duty ended at over 12, and I left Ritz Carlton with Sara Jauw, my Taxi Buddy. I forgot to tell my mum I had duty, and got scolded a bit, but oh well. I'm going off for another duty now, wearing the same Number 1s I was wearing yesterday. Sigh! At least the fun never ends.

Gay names for 100% manly councillors:

Raymond - Gay-mond

Tamojoy - Tamo-gay

Weikeat - Gay-keat

Weiting - Gay-ting

Robindro - Gay-bindro.


Random Bleach-Related Thought: What kinda chapter title is "The Verbal Warfare"? Seriously. Kubo, if you're going to use the thesaurus, use it smartly. Consult me. At least Byakuya's back. "Byakurai!"

And Eisenhower! Zai! Dang, I miss these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter