Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blast Your Sound

I was on the bus today, reading after a long day of school, school and more school. Half-way through a chapter on the problems and benefits of auctions in The Undercover Economist, this bunch of youths came in. If pressed to be more specific, I'll say they're mats, but that's really beside the point, because bengs, and minas are also known to commit this shit I'm writing on today.

"This ain't a scene, it's a got-damn arms-race!"

In my head, I go "Shye, I thought I was finally able to get that irritating line out of my noggin..." I try to concentrate on better things: Iraq, How to solve poverty, and Why I'm watching the same episode of Seoul Far Seoul Good for the sixth time in the week...

"This ain't a scene, it's a GOT-DAMN arms-race!"

Freak. It's not in my head. Some idiots blasting music on they're handphone.

I thought that putting speakers on phones was the best idea since sliced-bread. Imagine you and your friends just chilling out, and you guys want to listen to some songs, but at the same time, not confine yourselves to couples (normal ear-phones can accomodate only 2 at one time after all, and at 1/2 the fun ...)...that's where the phones come in. Nobody'll be crazy enough to carry one of those boom-box, or maybe portable speakers, so phones able to blast music sure are nifty.

Yeah...I like them...when used in private, amongst a group of people who actually approve of it's usage.

These bunch of guys pump out Fall-out Boy by the bucket-loads; thank god they're not singing along, but still, it's a public area, and everybody just wants a convenient, relaxing bus ride. Most people will find your music irritating, so please, don't try to impose your wants, nor your musical taste (which is crap) on other people. C'mon lah...I apologize if you can't listen to your music as a group, but if it's going to bother a whole lot of people, then try not to.

Even worse is in a really crowded MRT...bunch of Chinese punks went in and simultaneously blasted some chink songs in the train; at rush hour, mind you.

So, to everyone who's guilty of this, please stop it. It's irritating, and you're not making anything any more pleasant for anybody except yourselves. Don't be selfish, can? Use your earphones. They're good for you.

Oh, and on a less-irritating-but-still-bothersome note, those FREAKS who use earphones, but turn up the volume so high, that everybody else, not just the person next to him/her, is able to hear it.

It's freaking irritating to everybody on the bus. And, not that I care about anybody's eardrums, but I'm pretty sure listening to music at such high amplitude can fuck your sense of hearing up. Don't give me any shit about "too soft" because it's just a matter of being used to it or not. If you're not used to low volumes, of course it'll be too soft, but if you gradually decrease it, sooner or later, you'll be listening to music at healthy levels again, and that's a good thing, right?

Heed my words; keep your music to yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter