Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Begins with Hello; Ends with Hell

There's something off with Singapore buses.

For instances, I take bus number 131 from Bukit Purmei quite often. It's one of those rare stops where the buses (in this case, 131), have the same number, but go to completely different direction. One goes to Harbour Front, and the other goes to Bukit Merah.

The problem comes at identifying which bus goes to where, since they look identical from the front. Both buses say 131, but board the wrong one and that's it, 45 cents gone if you're a student, a minimum of 80 cents gone if you're not. I'm not saying that there's no way to distinguish the buses, because there's a panel at the side which states where it goes to. But that's just screwed up.

Firstly, it's at the side, so you have to wait for the bus' front to pass you to get a good look at it. By the time you get a good look at it, if there's no one else at the stop, and if no one alights, you'll miss the literal bus. Some drivers are smart though; they put the side panels at the front. But that doesn't really help much, because the font is ridiculously tiny.

I know...you can just flag any old how, but that's not very efficient, is it? Solution? Put a wicked huge sign at the front of the bus. That'll solve it.

What else is wrong?

I'm sure there's plenty of students who read my blog. Have you had that experience when you forget your EZ-link and are forced to pay by coins? I understand when I'm in my civilian clothes why they force me to pay adult fare; I mean, I can easily be lying, can't I? But when I'm wearing school uniform, isn't that enough proof that I'm a student? Why...do they have to ask me to take out my EZ-link...and why do they force me to pay adult fare when I don't have it?

Seriously. I want answers.

Also, I've gotten used to being asked to produce my EZ-link by now, so I'm pretty automatic. I take out mine, show it to the driver, and put in the coins. But then, omg, he asks me to tap my EZ-link. But can somebody tell me...for what reason? If there's money in my Ez-link, I'll use it. What the fuck are they wasting my time for?

Some may say that the purpose of this is to check whether your EZ-link is spoilt...but so what if it is? This happened to my friend YanShan once. We were going to watch an NC-16 movie, and the driver found out his EZ-link was spoilt...and he confiscated it! How are we supposed to watch the movie like that? Come on, if it's spoilt, that's our own problem, and if we want to fix it, we'll take the initiative. It was confiscated on a Friday night, and he can only redeem it on the next working day, which is a Monday. How is he supposed to take the bus for the weekend?

Goodness. Singapore...no, not just Singapore, but the whole world is full of them. Hopefully, we can eradicate them little by little. Cheers to efficiency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter