Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

The O-level results come out on Friday, and after that, we have to go through choosing schools again.

How totally pointless.

It just complicates things, because...you're torn. What's the point of trying to be so involved, when it's still undecided whether you'll be staying or going? I mean, all the JCs are trying to encourage us to get involved in something, but still, nothing's concrete. If you don't score, you get the door.

Then comes the problem of "commitment". The unforseeable future prevents me from putting in all of my heart into the school. Because I might stay or I might go. What's the point of devoting my being into something which...isn't a lasting fixture? Because if you go somewhere else, there goes all your effort.

I hate the fact that they're encouraging you to be committed, in through this, "forcing" you to stay into the school. It makes me feel trapped, wondering whether the grass IS greener on the other side.

My point is, I'm glad they're eradicating this "first three months" thing: It's pointless, it traps students, and it hinders commitment.

Don't even get me started on the "fitting in" thing. All the othe students have already made themselves cushy, while those who move have to struggle into the moulds.

I cant' wait for the O-level results to come out. If I score well enough, I might move to VJC; like I told everybody I would.

And therein lies the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter