Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Friday, February 02, 2007

No need, comma

Engineers can't do English.

Pardon the blurness of the picture, but I was on the MRT when I snapped this picture, and it was after drama, and all my life had basically been drained from me...so my hands were shaky and I'm looking like this -_-".



Anyways, onto the picture.

Do you spot anything wrong with that sentence? If you didn't spot anything, or did spot something, but it's because you had something against "Exciting Global Career Options", then this post will not rouse your interest one bit. What makes my blood boils; what makes my hair stand and what makes my teeth grit...is the FREAKING COMMA!

Because seriously...WHAT THE CHRIST IS IT DOING THERE?

The usage of the comma includes, but is not limited to, listing and seperating ideas. The usage of a comma most certainly DOES NOT include...I can't describe it, and I can't even begin to comprehend what it's for...but commas are not used to seperate "every bit, me".

Bascially, "every bit" is being used as an adjective. So let's try substituting other adjectives!

"handsome, me".
"ingenious, me".
"witty, me".

Nope, nope, and no-nope-pe. They all sound idiotic. And when it's plastered on public transport as a form of "attracting the masses", it sounds all the more stupendous...in the most epic sense of the word. Now the comma, oh holy comma, is stuck there with no purpose whatsoever. He's been a useful and cute little stroke...and he's being abused!

I hope I'm not the only one who's noticed this. Let's get out our black pain...we've got a comma to rescue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter