Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Cannot means never try.

I got the latest DongBangShingKi album courtesy of Ryan but I can't listen to it because my father is snoring.

The Prelims finally come to an end. With the exception of English (I haven't sat for my MID-YEAR Orals yet), all the marks have been finalised.

Here's the breakdown:
Geography, Add Maths, E Maths: A1
Combined Humans: A2 (Yay!)
Chemistry: B3
Physics: B4

If I get a 33/40 for my oral, I'll get an A2 for English. If not, then a B3. So my raw score's 10 or 11, and if I deduct my CCA points, it will be 8 or 9.

I improved by 3 points! I can get into an above-average JC! Yay for me!

But still, I've learned shit-loads from this Prelims. I've been telling alot of people, and I'll say it here too: I'm disappointed with my Sciences. My Physics...I had it coming, but for Chemistry, I was hoping for a 2 at least. I made too many careless mistakes and misread the questions one time too many. I'll take all I can from these failures and hopefully, it'll toughen me up.

And my handwriting needs some work too. In all my long-essay papers, I've received that comment. From Lit, Geography, and English too. I think they marked me down based on that by abit, since some words were illegible. Anybody has the "Pets" penmanship worksheets from Primary School? I want the Primary 4 one please. The Rabbit on the cover was cute xD.

I've been working hard. We got a log-book of our study times, and in that log-book, there are 54 hours of "studying time" per week. So, assuming I want to get an A1 for as many subjects as possible, I multiple 54 by 0.75 to get 40.5 hours of studying per week. That's not too bad, and from what the times I've clocked, it isn't a far-off dream.

I haven't been posting proper posts, have I? You may be thinking "Oooh, he's got nothing to post, so he posts interesting shiatzu like that to keep us interested". Well, that's partly true xD. But, nonetheless, the previous posts were fucking mind-boggling. It's difficult to comprehend the sheer scale of the universe.

See this?


Each one of those pretty "dust" arrangements are galaxies. Motha-trucking galaxies. The Solar System is not a galaxy, it's a "system" inside a Galaxy called the Milky Way, which is still many times bigger than the Solar System. From the picture, there's at least 200 systems available, some even bigger than our own. That's dang big.

The picture's my wallpaper now, and I pause and think everytime I look at it. It brings out the Philospher in me which states that "This statement is true" and "The previous statement is false"; It's a paradox, aghhhhhhhh!

So, I went to school this morning for Chemistry class, which isn't a class per se, but a MCQ "test". It was a test in more ways than one. It was hard as hell. It was supposed to be a Prelim paper for some school. I dread to think what might have happened if I had taken that paper for my Prelims. Thank god, I know for a fact that actual O-level standard will be much simpler.

After that, after Jo-pu and Jeremy explicitly told me there was no Lit for 4A (sial, I should have known better since they're not from 4A), and MeiXin told me that Mrs Dass wasn't in the office, I put two and two together to conclude that there was no Literature. But there was! And by this time, I was already walking to Great World with Ringo, Yan Shan and Tah Nern! Glenn called, asking me to come down and from the background, Mrs Dass said "She was very disappointed," I was expecting something like that. I've had comments like "Just pass" snapping at me from all sides. I told her I'd meet her with the 4B at Tiong instead.

We ate at GWC's KFC. I missed having long chat with the gals :). We sat there for almost 2 hours talking shit. Guy-talk is more interesting that girl-talk because there's no feelings involved. Fact. We talked about post-Secondary School life, O-levels, NS, circumcision (don't ask) and other nonsense. I'll miss everybody, and moments like this won't come by so often anymore after graduation but I'll keep in touch with everyone after graduation, promise.

TahNern and YanShan went home, Ringo went to his training and I headed for Tiong to wait for my Lit results. Studied for alot. At Burger King, and then at KFC where we waited for Mrs Dass. When people told me I was going to get a border-line pass, I expected 26 or a 27. But I needed a 28 for at least a B3 in my Combined Humans! I was ready to get down on my knees, right there at KFC and beg for one more mark.

But HEY HEY HEY!

I got 33 :). And that's after I got marked down for atrocious hand-writing too :). A2 :) Yay.

The rest left while I stayed there to study some more. Delise joined me at around 5-ish to ask some questions regarding English and Maths. Her exams are this week (it started already actually), and I'm sure she'll do well. As long as she's sure that is :). She's too damn cute, especially when she's drinking coke out of a straw....Yeah, I'm weird like that xP.

Headed home at around 7, and did some revision. But gosh damn, am I tired. I should really be going to sleep.

Anyways, to all who didn't do well this prelims, just wake up, yeah? Over liao lah, so just faster chiong for O-levels. Cannot anyhow whack already. Must Phwoar liao. 20 points no enough man. There's no such thing as "Cannot means cannot". Cannot means never try.

Oh, and thanks for the kind people at Thye Hong Centre who returned my wallet! I lost it on Thursday, but they called me quickly and said they found it, and I collected it on Friday. All my dollars were intact! Hooray for the little amount of good left in this world!

Over and out.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter