Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Support the ABC!

What's ABC?

Today, finally, our prelims have ended. I only had to come at 9-something, yet I came early anyways; because the early bird gets the worm or in this case, the stars :).

I spent the morning studying in the class with Bernard and Xian Liang. Me and Bernard weren't really studying though. We were singing! I had Delise's iPod with me, so me and Bernard listened to it, and sang along with the songs which had lyrics. The whole level was practically empty, so me and my Bud Bernard sang our hearts out. I think we irritated Xian Liang with our voices, but what the heck. 5 years from now, when Singapore Idol X comes around, there'll be me as the "Malay" guy, and Bernard as the "Beng".

Watch out for it. And I'll win; History repeats itself.

The two Paper 1s weren't too difficult. If me and the guys' markings are correct, I should be getting 35+ for both, with "should" being the key word. Nothing's cast in stone yet; my fate is still in question. NS? Poly? JC? Rokok?

Sial.

After that, I had lunch with Ringo, Andrian, Glenn Lum and Ching Yong. It was like a "Singapore" table. Ringo had the "western", Kanta had the "chinese", Glenn and Ching Yong had the "indian", and I had the "malay". Typical me. The paper prata's good, but I've had better. After buying some cheezee hotdogs from the cinema ("Enjoy the Movie!" said she, and I walked away from the cinema without saying a word), me and Glenn headed over to school for our Mother Tongue Orals.

Thankfully, the 'B' syllabus orals were held in our school; or else I'd have to go to some other school. From what Glenn and Jeremy told me, passing the Orals seemed simple. Or maybe they were over-simplifying it, who knows? Bascially:

Don't Pontang: Just Pass
Raise 1 Point during Convo: Pass
Raise 2 Points during Convo: Merit
Raise 3 Points during Convo: Distinction
The passage is completely ignored.

With that in mind, I got myself ready. There were many people from other schools; some looked hyper beng, but some of them were friendly enough (I made a friend; an ally in the battle against The English Teacher!). Anyways, one of the teachers who took me was ancient while the other was young and hip. I always preferred the older teachers because they've got the tendency to be lenient and have that motherly attitude, but in this case, I liked the younger teacher more. She was pretty xD.

Sidetracking abit; but it's the Ramadan month for the Muslims right now. This is just a reminder. Just now, the drink-stall lady went up the hall to offer refreshments to the invigilators. I was shocked when she offered 'em to the Muslim teachers. It seemed like she genuinely had no idea, but still; it's our job to know.

So now you know.

I was the first to go. I read the passage, and only stumbled towards the end. I was nervous see. For the conversation, the young and pretty teacher uttered one word: "Jiran", which meant "neighbours". That was all I had to go with; a single word. I talked alot of shit; at least, enough to score a distinction. I did sprinkle abit of english here and there. I couldn't figure out how to translate "A welcoming and warm atmosphere to Malay", so I just said it. I thought it sounded cheem enough that they'll let it slide.

And that was it for my orals. A simple affair, which had one too many english words. Anyways, I was quarantined until around 3 something. During this time, I chatted with this guy from ACS:I, who was in the same situation as me. He had a suckitude in Malay.

Me, Glenn Lum and Elgin then went to Plaza Sing to play arcade for abit. It's been a long time! We met Ryan first, who was so excited he nearly burst his pants. I mean, it has been months since he has gotten out of his house! The others watched John Tucker Must Die; feedback for the movie has been positive, but I prefer to judge it for myself.

There was me, Ryan, Glenn Lum, Elgin, Ching Yong, Yan Shan, Kim Shan, Ivan and TahNern. Ooh! I can't forget Choo Jia Han! He wore his skull shoes (the pair he brought to Anniversary Dinner. DINNER!), and a shirt with LACES. He won a voucher for Queensway Shopping Centre, see.


That's laces on his shirt. He doesn't know how to tie his laces yet (notice how the Skull Shoes lack laces?), so he bought one with laces on his chest for him to practice on. Looking at the picture, you can see that it's been tied like crap; yeah, he hasn't quite grasped it yet :).


Played abit of Guitar Freaks (Ryan beat me once!), and abit of Maximum Tune. I limitted my spendings to $6. I've got to be more thrifty now! Anyways, Ringo left for the library, TahNern left too, and so did Ching Yong. The remainder of us had dinner at Carl's Jr. I, having already eaten breakfast in school, and lunch at GWC, wasn't willing to fork out $10++ for a Carl's meal, so I kopped drinks from Ryan. They had free refills, so in exchange of refilling his drinks for him, I got unlimited sips. Klever.

We talked alot of crap during the dinner, and filmed a video even. Watch out for it at YanShan's blog. And we're embarking on a plan...SUPPORT THE ABC! What does ABC stand for? You'll find out soon enough. It seems fun. Sort of. We're just stressed xD.

Glen Wirawan's birthday passed not too long ago, and he's got his vodka! It's even priced at $16 a bottle! He might not be able to purchase it now, but it looks kewl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter