Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Pale in Comparison

I'm an ASSet?

Anyway, yesterday was wonderful. The most memorable National Day's eve by far.

I asked my maid to wake me up at 4:45. Why so early? I wanted to rehearse for the day of course, and if possible take the bus instead of a cab to school. We had to be in school at 6:45 after all. So anyway, I woke up at 5:30 instead. I rushed rushed rushed, tried to burn BingYu's gayyyyy-me, but couldn't because I didn't have a programme to burn DVD (the games 2.99 gb damnit, but it's so worth it with all the "KNNN! AHH!" What sort of game is it anyways?), packed my bag, including the new pink HillCrop shirt I got which says:

"Realness: It wanders single-mindedly in the world where the reality of this uncertainty whirls for true. Five divisions operating from 10 locations in 8 countries around the world. I feel the world is growing increasingly dangerous"

All of my Hillcrop shirts say similar gibberish and I love it when people read it and give me the WTF look. That's my cue to say "It's from Japan". Awesometitude.

In the end, I forgot to bring my medicine, and didn't get to take it until 11+, which was the time I got home.

On the cab, the driver asked me what country I was from. Well, at least he didn't mistake me for a Malay. "Philippines", said I. "Philippines MAN!!! YEAH MAN!! Which way do you want to go, MAN!" Holy shiat, I said "Philippines", not "Early 90s-Ghetto", darn it. I played along though, "Yes, mam" I replied, in the best maid accent I could muster.

Landed on school, with one or two minutes to spare. The prefects were already there in full uniform to welcome me; gosh they were early. And so were the uniform groups who were there at 5+. Anyway, there was a drama meeting, at the hall, to supposedly do a run or two, but nope, no time for any. So, I just did my lines with Hawker, and they were good. We've really come a long way since our first time. Thanks Hawker, for being the best gay son a gay father can ever ask for. Next time, I won't spank you with as much force, thankew.

We headed down to the field afterwards, and had an intelligent debate. They guys were going for a buffet, pronounced "boo-fay". But we were intentionally mispronouncing it. However, even that, we argued over. One side (which was mine) said it was "baa-fett", while the other said "boo-fett". We pondered over this for a long time, with my main argument being that if we were going to mispronounce something, we might as well go all the way, instead of saying "boo-fett", where the "boo" part is correct. Which is the correct wrong (OXYMORON! WHOOO!)? You decide.

On the field, we got a preview of our class photo. You know how the sec 4 classes get to do a sort of poster, instead of having their class pictures put on the school magazine? Yup, that photo. The theme was "jail". Sends the wrong messages, but it looks cool nonetheless. My face is the BIGGEST, and the CLEAREST and it's at the centre of the thing! Let's see...inflated head, centre of attention, dense as fuck...OHMAGAWD? Look forward to it!

After changing in the CG room, a run was supposed to have been run, but the prize winners (me, Glenn and Raied) had to go down, so I missed that one. We should have stayed for the run, really, since the first 30 minutes or so were just speeches by the principal and the guest-of-honour who looked remarkably like Colonel Sanders, the guy who made the special recipe for KFC. I dozed of at times, but mostly, I was going through my lines. It wasn't because I was nervous, in fact, I felt far from nervous, just excited; as if on a high.

After receiving my prize, which I think I've misplaced, I went backstage, did some rehearsing, and performance time came. Perfection in the execution. It was our best run, and the timing was perfect too. My worst fear is the audince not reacting the way I expected them too, but they so DID! I could hear Mr Lau's guffaw from the stage. I think the mic screwed up at parts, but what the heck. I finished my Father scene quickly because I had some business to resolve at the back of the stage, but everything's fine now x)

We took some pictures, and I'll appreciate it if the pictures could be sent to me when uploaded. Credits will be given, as always.

Headed to Singapore Post afterwards, and then home, and then to Suntec, and then to Marina Square, and then to Esplanade, and then to Marina Square, and then to Suntec again. The fireworks were beautiful.

I won't be going out today. There's the Chemistry mock-mock and the Physics Maxi-test to prepare for. And the Mock time table was never with me. It's with YanShan. I'm not to blame.

Errors on my part: You know how I posted that the prices of MineShine was hiked by $0.20? False! Apparently, different 7-11s have different prices for their products. The Great World one is more expensive, since foreigners frequent the place (I'm not a foreigner), and by quick-assumption, they should be richer. Doi.

And darn you HaoYang. I felt so stupid when I clicked "here". Don't do this: Fortune Telling Services

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter