Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Behind the Scenes: The Prefects' Investiture



As one of the main organizers of this year's Prefects' Investiture, I pretty much know the whole event, in and out, left, right, up, down and centre. Here are some insider info from yesterday's ceremony.

-The prefects' certificates were made by Ryan Phang and Raymond Angelo. I bought the papers for $24. Ryan splurged $60, on the printer ink ALONE. The school was going to pay after all.

-The certificates for the Secondary 3 executive committe had to be re-printed, because I had spelt the word "appointment" wrongly. Maryam's certificates is still waiting to be reprinted, we missed one "I".

-For the investiture music, I had compiled a CD containing 6 tracks. The music was ripped from Kingdom Hearts I and II OST, Battle Gear III OST, Densha Otoko OST and Tera's Precious. In the end, we went with a track called "We Will Save Them My Friend" by Tera. Who's Tera a.k.a Ting Si Hao anyway? He's this awesome dude, the keyboardist in HaoYang's band, cousin of Jeremy Tan as well as good friend of some of my 4A friends. He published this CD; a collection of his own compostions. After hearing the demo reel, I couldn't help but buy it. And you should too!



-The seating arrangements went a gajillion rearragnements, and it wasn't fixed until the night before.

-Due to the Mother Tongue O-levels, we only managed to squeeze in three days of rehearsals. We had one final one on last Saturday, but that one had quite poor attandance too, as people had to leave half-way for the Excel Fair, and to bring around the Thailand people.

-The Sec 4 male prefects used Loreal Paris Remix with remouldable textured effect to style their hair. And all the girls freaking swooned.

-I, as the writer of the script for the emcees, forgot to include them thanking the VIPs for giving out the awards. My bad.

-The table cloth and flowers on the table are currently MIA. It was apparently cleared by the servants, or whatever you call them. If anyone has any information on where these items are being held, please do inform.

-There was one extra chair, right infront of me. Mr Lau was supposed to come, but for soem reason, he didn't. It was very last minute too, so we couldn't get the chair out in time. I was hoping someone in the front row would block me from everyone's view, but alas, no.

-Me and Ringo apparently should go out more. As the certificates were given out, we were surveying faces at the hall. We couldn't identify most of them -_-".

-If you've been listening to Choy Peng's speech, you might have heard the phrase "Mammoth Task". It has become a tradition for the Head Prefect's to abuse this phrase. You see, the speech is published in the year book, and each year, the new head prefect uses the speech as a guide. Somehow, "mammoth task" became fashionable, and for the past four years, it has reared it's ugly mammoth-size head.

-The "Scroll of Appointment" was called the "Scroll of Empowerment", because I thought it sounded cool. Then I realised where I had heard it from: Power Rangers: Ninja Storm. It's the scroll used to make the monsters bigger. So, it had to be edited.

-On the subject of the scroll, it's actually one extra certificate printed out weeks ago, simply rolled up. There's nothing written inside, except a rough-version of the certificates. This is because someone had forgotten to bring fancy paper. The scroll was tied with an unknown piece of string I found in my bag. The person who was supposed to bring the ribbon did bring the ribbon but had misplaced it on the day where we were going to do the tying.

-The apostrophe in the "Prefects' Investiture" thing is actually a comma. Andrian could not find the apostrophe, so we had to settle for a comma, and turn it upside-down.



-There's a pair of white shoes in the back of the hall which I presume belongs to one of the prefects. If you have lost a pair, check it out.

-The prefect's uniform is made of the most translucent material ever. The sewer's a pervert. You can't wear bright/dark coloured under garments in them. Yet prefects still disobeyed. I swear I heard people saying "It's blue!!!!!" from the background.

-Ringo's nametag and prefect badge were MIA. My prefect badge had a big-ass crack in the middle. Raynard's hair was slicked all the way back, like a president.

-During the walking out segment, it seemed that I was leading the way too slwoly for the prefects behind. I apologise.

-To best fit in the blazer, I've been doing 120 push-ups every 1-2 days.

-Althought the Secondary 4 prefects have stepped down, they are obliged to wear the badge and the tie so that they won't go too wild. I don't like the school's mentality on this part. They don't trust as much do they?

-There are currently three pure Pinoys in the prefectorial board. I'm one of them. From left to right: Raymond, Suanne, Queenie. Members of the U.F.O, United Filipinos Organization. Pinoy Pride!



That's it for the behind-the-scenes. Confirm got some stuff I've forgotten, but what-the-hey.

My blog was acting up yesterday. But I finally fixed it. Things can go wrong if you copy and paste YouTube videos anyhow.



For today, quite a few stuff happened. After not having gone to assembly for two years because of morning duty, I finally did. I'm glad I did, too. Lotsa awards were given out, and some people went up on stage and that made my day. Alex got a cookie! He deserves it too! So did YangHai, my volleyball cum Quest Fit mate!

Day took it's course. Biology people had a practicle, dissecting a goat's heart. Disgusting stuff, but IT'S A GOT DAMN HEART!



We played Captain's ball with a bunch of teachers. Owned them. They had the volleyball coach, Mr Low, even the teacher who is in Dragon Boat but we still beat them 3-0. We were outnumbered by two also, so go us. In my team, if I remember correctly was me, YanShan, Ringo, Andrian, Christine and Raynard. Phwoar.

We had lunch at Queensway McDonald. I think Shan's going to blog about it, so go check him out. He needs hits! And he's got a video of Raynard doing something disgusting, so do visit.

I'll be logging off now. To all those going for camps tomorrow, take care and don't miss my blog or me too much. And don't forget to bring insect repellant. I've got my own SuperTeen camp, from 8 to 8! Busy-busy~~~~~

Credits: Suanne for the photos. Glenn Lum for the video. Jeremy for Tera's CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter