Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Clearly, you've never been to Singapore.

I've been trapped at home for a long time, few days at least. And i'm loving it. RTM, or relaxing through maths. I've finished all my maths homework, and frankly, I'm amazed. Awesome, the amount of work you can do when you decide to stop doing something else after every few questions. I've still got Geography and Chemistry left...that and last-minute back-to-school revisions.

I'm going for a hair-cut right now. Why? Becuase my fringe is irritating the hell out of me, and if I don't put wax/gel on my hair, it's like a bird's nest...not that it affects my handsome-ness (or lack of) in any way, but it's irritating. Hair getting into eyes is painful...wonder how girls put up with it....Oh yeah, they've got Hair-bands...why can't someone invent something like hair-bands, only for guys with long fringes-exclusively?

Pirates of the Carribean is showing in Channel 5, after a gajillion screenings in Disney Channel. Johnny Depp's awesome, Kiera's flat but good, but I don't get the draw of this film. Anyway, my point was the advertisement shown in Channel 5. We live in Singapore, right? As you may or may not (like duh, only two possibilities) know, Singapore was mentioned in this movie...something like "Clearly, you haven't been to Singapore". Wah...we must be proud and PATRIOTIK! Anyway, the commercial clearly wanted to flaunt this fact so this segment was put inside the advert....problem is...directly before this line, Kiera says "YOU'RE DESPICABLE!". So the addy goes something like:

Kiera: "You're DESPICABLE!"
Johnny-Looks-Like-Me Depp: "Clearly, you haven't been to Singapore".

Ownage.

World Cup's on, and the coverage of this event by The New Paper is freaking in-depth. I mean, go to today's issue of NewPaper and check out page 88-89, the article called "This is why they are losing focus". It's mostly crap, but funny crap, so it should still be read. They said that Ferdinand has been heard "bugging the Chelsea Defender (Jony Terry) about where he could buy such rings". And then the clever analyst remarked that "That is hardly the kind of thing England players should concern themselves with during the World Cup. They should, instead, be spending their time analysing tactics". I've got no idea whether the "analyst" is trying to be sarcastic, but this is just too ridiculous. I mean..."LOL"....just imagine...this scenario:

It's the beginning of November; judgement day for the Secondary 4 express, and 5 normals of Queenstown Secondary. Everybody's mugging their books; nose nearly touching the pages. Lunch time comes; a welcome break for Raymond Angelo. He goes to the "western" (west india, i guess) stall, and wonders out loud "Should I get prata with gravy, or without gravy?". Without warning, Ciao Mugger #1 jumps at him and hollers "Indian pastry is hardly the kind of thing O-level candidates should concern themselves with during the month of November." Ciao Mugger #2 jumps at him and shots "You should, instead be spending your time analysing Boyle's Law, and Phytagora's Theroem!". Unknown-Blogger #1 overhears and proceeds to blog about it.

Ahh...ridiculous scenario, but that's how the article went; Unknown-Blogger and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter