Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Attained Invincibility on the Dancefloor


After seeing the performance of Myidarre on Sunday, I was inspired to watch 'em again yesterday night at OneNightStand at DXO, a club near Esplanade. I had second thoughts at first, and who wouldn't? It's late in the night, it's pretty costly, and it's a fucken' club. Anyway, I said let's throw inhibitions to the wind, because Myidarre rocked on Sunday. How was the DXO? Awesome shiat.

So, here we have a club-virgin (me). I didn't know what to expect, nor how I'm supposed to prepare for it. I raided my closet and threw on my best formal-casual-pimp clothes. It came out pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself.

Hair! Check!


Bling! Check!


Fashion Statement! Check! (It's just a red cloth which I put inside my pocket, and left the end hanging, so that when it moves, it flies like my tail. Emphasises my movement and grace...I think -_-")


Sala! Check!


Perfume! Check! (It's Dolce & Gabbana today. Most people don't know how to put on perfumes, so here's a quick walkthrough. First, spray on both wrists, the place which suicidal people slashes, then rub them together. This will ensure that when you put your hand around a girl she smells you and goes "Ooohh...Dolce&Gabbana". Next area to spray is your neck, because when you hug, her face will probably be in your neck area, and that's the part she'll smell and go "Ahh...Dolce&Gabanna". Penultimately, there's your chest area, because your smell radiates from there. This ensures that the everyone in your vicinity can go "Dolce&Gabanna...I'll become gay for this guy". If you think you're gonna get lucky, spray some on your crotch...she'll go "Aarhh!!! Dolce&Gabanna!" Always err on the side of too little. If you don't want to be too strong, just spray the perfume directly infront of you and walk through the mist)



Confidence! Check!!!!!!


Awesometitude! Check!


Ticket! Check!


Exuding confidence, baby WHOO! I was tempted to take a taxi there, to complete the glam factor, but took the cheaper alternative, since it's a direct bus. The performance was at 11, and we planned to be there at 10-ish. We met at Suntec's Tower 4 arcade first and as usual, I was the earliest. I played Guitar Freaks for awhile, and I looked like a genuine rocker, no shit. The rest trickled in...Alex, Ringo, TahNern, YanShan, Jeremy, Jason and Raynard. They looked good in their own rights, especially Jason, Shan and Alex. We played around the arcade for awhile...and I owned alot of people in Guitar Freaks. Do you know that if you bang the machine, you'll get free credits? It wasn't intentional or anything. Raynard got his coin stuck in the machine, so he started banging, and without us realising it, the credits were going up, even though no coins were going down. Awesome. We got AT LEAST 10 free credits, which is like $10. Fun siaol. Very fierce.

A dinner which we were supposed to eat didn't happen because we got caught up playing Guitar Freaks, in which I was the best (What else is new?). We walked to Explanade and saw DXO. The place was hip. From the outside, I couldn't see anyone younger than us, so I felt abit uncomfortable. HaoYang, who looked like a girl and Terra (the keyboardist), who looked like Gaara greeted us and gave us instructions. I thought that it was an 18+ club, so you can understand how I became shifty. Alot of smokers siah, tak boleh tahan. Turns out that people 16+ can go in without much trouble, so it's all cool.

We got inside and the atmosphere was good. We weren't the youngest over there, thankfully. It's quite easy to identify who was there for the first time. The aircon chilling and it was very feel-good. It was a no-smoking club, so thank heavens for that. Nobody was dancing yet, because apparently, it was time for bands to play. An english band performed before Myidarre and they were surprisingly good. They played original songs, so props to them. Myidarre came next. People were asking whether HaoYang was a girl or guy >.<. I'm so proud of him! The whole set wasn't bad, but it can't hold a candle to the Street Revolution performance. Maybe it's because the crowd at the Street Revolution is more appreciative of J-rock. The DXO crowd was the...english-kind. Anyway, Kelton's dancing was the shitz (that's a positive) and his voice too. They should have ended with a better song, but that's just me.

The lady emcee was cute!

After the performance, we honestly had no idea as to what to do. We sort of hung around and drank (non-alcoholic, of course). There were laydies in the house, but I'm not into that sort of thing. As Jeremy explained to me, it's common etiquette to not dance with somebody older than you. As we were clearly the youngest, his warning bore into my friggin' my mind. The rest decided to head for the dance-floor, not to dance but to walk in and out. Lol. Gayboys! They got into the pool of people, and got out again. Lamers!

I was hungry, some of us needed to piss, and some wanted fresh air. We got out of the club, and walked around Marina Square for abit. The Square was empty, with the exception of us. Ran around and did stupid stuff. We found the 7-11. Some of the guys got drinks, and I got a sandwich and a BigGulp for $2.90. Cheap good filling dinner.

Ringo went home to get his foot injected, Jeremy's father came to fetch him and Terra and YanShan hitched a ride with them. The remaining 5? We went back to the club. Our agenda was to get Raynard's bag which he left there and then leave. But we changed our mind. We were determined to dance. Me, Jason, TahNern, Alex and Raynard were ready to...how do you say...PARTAY!!!

We went in the club, practically running and racing there. The club was pumping and bouncing. We cooled down for abit, and then dived in to join the gyrating mass. At first it was me, TahNern and Alex only, but then Jason and Raynard joined in. Fun siah! At first I was stiff, but soon I was doing the pinoy dance! Boogie~~. Nearly danced with someone, but didn't because she looked older than me. The DJ played awesome songs and everyone was jumping up and down, swinging left and right and getting down on it. We couldn't dance well, but nobody freaking cares, because nobody could dance well. As long as you're moving, you're grooving.

It's so addictive! We were supposed to dance for only 45 minutes, I think...but the next song just kept coming, and each song was a good song. I wanted to stay longer, but I promised to be back by 2. We got out of the dancefloor, but holy shit, I'll be back. I reached home at 2-ish, didn't bother to shower and slept. After my O-levels, I just might chiong this thing. Who wants to come with me?

GET DOWN TONIGHT!

Going for the 2D gathering today. Shan't be updating anymore, but as usual, please do keep visiting.

On a World-Cup related note, USA and Japan LOST. Damnit.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter