Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What's mine is mine, and what's yours is also mine

Motion...coming...UGGHHH!!! This house believes that the motion must fall!!!!!!! Quite literally, since, the motion does fall...due to gravity and stuff...

Anyway, the motion...will be coming out tomorrow. We've received news that we can bring up to 75 people. Wow man. That's more than all the debates put together....well, not counting Westwood. We had the debate on their turf, so alot of people turned up to watch. But on to my point, we've never liked having a big audience, and I'm not sure whether having so many of them will be benificial or do the opposite.

Since today was a Wednesday, we ran 2.4. It's always a torture, running 6 rounds around the same track every single week (in my case, 3-9 rounds everyday). In my opinion, you either run on a treadmill, and totally blank-out or you run in the park, and admire the scenery. Simi-sai scenery when you're going around the same track week after week for the past 4 years?

I clocked 12.40. I could have shaved a whole minute off, had I not totally stopped on the fifth round. Darn stomach...on the right side especially...appendix kana burst? Maybe lah...but let's hope not. I've got horrible experience with appendix...which I'll elaborate on when I've got nothing to post about. I was able to run 5 rounds without stopping, but it's always near the end when the winners are seperated from the losers. And so, on the final round of the 2.4 run, Raymond Angelo walked...and effectively fucked his timing.

I'll be doing it again next week though. And this time, I'll be ready. Just a hint if you're running 2.4...if you're thinking of stopping, start shouting profanities. Vulgar, it may be, but help, it does.

We were supposed to have a test on Extreme Literature (New slang for elective, ie, Geography Elective=Extreme Geography) on the WHOLE book of The English Teacher. Luckily, she admitted (finally!) that we weren't ready...some were, but certainly not all. So she went through possible questions...all I want is a proper format in which I can follow lah. I mean, there's gotta be one, ain't there? Must trudge to Popular and look for Literature guidebooks, or something of the sort. It's quite ciao-mugger (slang: someone who mugs without understanding) behaviour, but a little assurance on my side never hurt.

A few posts ago, I made a claim that the reason the highest for the latest comprehension was 13/25 (props to TN for that), was that I was absent. How wrong I was. I got 6! It was humbling lah. It all seemed too simple when Mdm Yani went through it. I got 19 for my summary though, and managed to pass. Me, Ringo and TahNern; ironic that the only ones who passed the Crescent Girl's paper were boys...

As it turns out, I'm going to be volunteering for the Scrabble thing again on Friday, and this time...I GET A FREE T-SHIRT! Lo-and-behold, the crappiness of it's design. It's a maroon (WTF?) shirt, with a ugly motif on the front. I'm volunteering 5+ hours, and all I get is an ugly tee? Well, i guess that it's the experience that counts, and the CIP hours. You can never have too little.

Went to have a late lunch with Kim Shan (Rain) and Choo Jia Han (Bleach Poser) at Dawson's place. Had a minced mushroom noodle, or something to that effect. Believe it or not, I couldn't even finish the whole bowl! Ringo joined us later. I was screwing around with my phone's camera...took a few pictures of myself wearing Jia Han's mat specs, but nothing was really worth posting, so you won't be seeing me in all my "mat" glory anytime soon.

In preparation of the English Mid-Year, I've been digging around for bombastic vocabulary. Best site to go to? Go to dictionary.com and check out their words of the day, which is a comprehensive list of easy enough words. Don't overkill though; if you haven't heard of the word, chances are you'll fuck it up and it won't fit into your sentence all that good.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter