Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Let it be our swan song

Elation comes and stays. After three months of hard work, we're finished; the Julia Gabriel's Competition has come to it's end. Friday...was our swan song.

The day swept past me quickly. I appeared focused in lessons; but my mind was on debate, and debate only. Fuck, I can't even remember what we learned, so I'll be catching up tonight.

We met up at the Career Guidance Room as usual. Practiced a bit, and had lunch of Canadian Pizza. Creds for that go to Mr Oz. Pizza...the ultimate fusion of awesome grub...anyway, we didn't really do much. The hours passed like a count-down...1 'o' clock, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Jon came down and we did some last minute brush-ups. I realised I printed the wrong reply speech, and had to send it to Mdm Yani for reprinting. Somehow, she couldn't receive it. WTFWTF? Turns out it was all going to her junk mail...feels like some kind of ominous omen.

We then took Mdm Yani's car to Serangoon JC. It was a short trip. I couldn't really practice and fuckit was I starting to feel nervous. We reached the auditorium, tested the mics out. The place was empty then, but not for long. Soon, everybody came. Saw the St Pats people, the Monfort people, the Crescent Girl's people and a host of other people. There were quite a few Queentownians. Thanks guys. I know some of you didn't understand shit about what was going on, but still, thanks. I appreciate you guys giving your support. The Bukit View people were the last to arrive, and finally, the debate got on.

Their 1st speaker was good. Cool delivery. Then my turn. I had my rebuttals down, but abit nervous at the start lah. Can't help it I guess. Even the biggest balls knock against one another in the face of a whole lot of eyes. Was abit shaky during my rebuttals, but when it came to my substantives, I was fine. The Korean dude next came, and he sort of brushed past his rebuttals. Ringo's turn, and he indulged in his rebuttals, having about 1 and a half minute left for his speech. Can't blame him lah. We couldnt' see where our fucking time-keeper was. He did fine though. Then Christian, the legendary third speaker came. He got style, looks confident but was basically ranting. Favourite sentence: "What's an ardent fan? A fan...who is ardent!". Wtf? You're not making a point man. Jeremy stepped up to the plate and delivered. At then end of the debate, the victory could sway to either side.

The floor debate was quite to our side. Maybe it's because we presented our case better, ior maybe we've just got more friends in the audience. Thanks to all floor debaters who stepped up for us. Especially the Monfort guys, the St Patrick people, Glenn Lum (FISH!), that Bahvan Indian girl, and some guy called "Jared", who is apperantly "HOT STUFF". Nobody really spoked against our side, and that's a good sign.

We were all anxious for the results, but fuck, we had to watch the B-Division debate first. Goodness man, they were good. I've seen A-division debates before, and I'm sure both teams (Victoria IP VS Temasek Academy) could give those teams a run for their money. The motion was...haha...the chairperson (Mark Gabriel's Dad), forgot to mention the motion at the beginning. He redeemed himself by interluding after the 1st prop spoke. It was...something about democracy being the best form of government system....with TA on prop and VIP on opp. It was a good debate. They raised up examples for the Philippines which were wrong, but what-the-hell, since I'm the only person who knows it's wrong.

Results time. They first awarded the top-20 best speakers. I didn't make it of course, ahving been overshadowed by Jeremy and Ringo for the past few debates...-_-". Still, I can't believe some of the people who made it in. I refuse to acknowledge that so-and-so is better than me...or Ringo...or Jeremy...or anybody else. Haiz.

The results finally came. The adjudicators spoke first...said something along the lines of "we awared the win to the side who started off more strongly and ended more convincingly". Nabei. If we won/lost...it'll be because of ME. FUCK. And guess who got the best speaker? Their first spaker! Nabei! My heart was at it's breaking point, fuck. And the winner is...QUEENSTOWN! WHOO! Yeah...we won. I've got a trophy, and i'm fucking happy. We've got a shield too, and our school's name will be engraved upon this shield. Good stuff. I'm still happy. We jumped around and I started banging my desk til my hands were red like a cherry.

The other debate went to TA, to my WTF-ment. Seriously, I thought that Victoria ahd a better case, and handled their speeches/rebuttals more gracefully than their opponents. Victoria, though you may have lost, in the eyes of Raymond Angelo, YOU ARE WIN.

Took a bus home, Was still happy, and tired. Fell asleep on the bus...hugging my trophy.

We went to have dinner at the Swensen at Orchard. The 24-hours one, at some hotel. Chit-chatted abit, but didn't really eat much. Too tired to really chow-down. Took a cab home...and studied WTF?

Reached home at 12;30+...and studied! WTF?

The examinations are close. I can't fuck this up. And I won't fuck this up. Let's work had for 6A1s yeah!

I headed over to GWC yesterday at around noon, to meet up with the Ex-cos. Headed over to YuJia's place to discuss some stuff regarding Prom. Any suggestion for Prom themes? J-rock? Gothic? Fairytale? Anyhow, it's up to us. Stayed for around 3 hours, though most of it wasn't discussion regarding the prom, but just crapping around. Ate lots of lays, pringles and ice cream. Tahnks Yujia, for being a good host, and making sure that we (as well as she herself) were well-fed.

Went with Ringo and Andrian to Bukit Timah market or something like that, and had Carrot Cake. Sucks compared to the one in Queenstown. Walked to Bukit Timah plaza, had a lookie round the Popular. Had inklings of buying a Social Studies guidebook, but in the end, I decided that the textbook, and writing your own notes is still the most effective.

Took 67, and damn was it crowded by foreign workers. I'm not being racist or discrimant, just stating the facts. Pretty huge coincidence was that they all got down at Geylang too...wait a minute...i'm a foreigner...and I dropped down at Geylang...nevermind...

Spent the night finish up all the maths, and will spend the day doing English, and the Triple Pure.

A Pledge...
Uphold the Beauty of our Country and City.
Next, plunder the Treasures of our Enemies.
Third, impose Sanktions on Peasantry Trade.
The Crusaders of a Heavenly Mission.
Even if you can escape Destiny...
You can't get away from my
Sakura Snow Breeze.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter