Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cut And Curl

Promises do not bind nor obligate. They're just words nothing more; words people say to reassure or else stop someone from bothering the hell out of them.

About yesterday...we had chemistry in the morning and really nowhere to go after that. Crescent Girl's were having a funfair, and seeing how it close it was to our school, we decided to drop by and pay our neighbours a visit. We could walk there, but Ryan's father offered us a lift in his Jaguar. Awesome car. So there we were; Me, Glenn, Ringo, Kanta and Yan Shan in Crescent.. My impression on Crescent Girls...well it certainly looks bigger from the inside. There were lots of things happening, but nothing really interesting. Same-old, same-old. They did get some rusty amusement rides in, and Jean Danker and Glenn Ong were there. We didn't stay for long. We bought a single $10 coupon and just 'splurged' 'em all on food. We left quickly for lunch, after an encounter with this particularly persistent chick; who kept insisiting we bought her wares...not "wares" but...ahh...never mind...anyway, we wiggled away, but somehow she kept following us. Haiz.

We left to have lunch at Zion Road. I don't go to Hawker Centres often but when I do, I always get Chicken Rice. Chicken rice for life. Looked at around at GWC for awhile; and guess what, THEY'VE GOT A NEW BOOKSHOP! Oh yeah! It's called "Harris" and it looks stylishly chique, unlike the bland "Goland" which was the ex-tenant. "Harris" just seems to fit into GWC, seemlessly, because it has an...ang-moh feel to it, know? I can't imagine a "Popular" at Great World...just can't.

After finishing 'I,Lucifer', I was hungry for more literature. So I bought "A Long Way Down" by Nick Bryson. I've read his previous works (31 Songs, About A Boy, High Fidelity, How to be Good) and I was eager to get sucked into his latest offering. I'm already half-way; it's not bad lah. I was thinking that it would be a happy-book, but it's quite depressing actually. It's about 4 people, all wanting to commit suicide. They all chose the same date (New Year's Eve) and chose the most popular suicide-spot in London. They all encounter each other, and well...just read lah. Should be over with it by tonight....the character's are interesting...one of them's Martin, a fallen television personality whose life is in shambles (he fucked a 15-year-old and his family left him), Maureen, a single-mum who has no life (her son's in comatose), Jess, the daughter of minister and all-around crazy bitch, and JJ, rock-star wannabe who claims he's dying for a terminal disease. Interesting mix, no?

I finally got a hair-cut. I've been planning to get one the past week; had visions of going to EC Cut; but all that vanishes along with my conciousness when I fall asleep in the bus. So, since there wasn't anything much going on today, I got a hair-cut. Took a stroll to Grand Link, a shopping-mall turned beng/lian hangout. The place creeped me out, and it had the stink of cigarette and piss, so I walked over to Singapore Post Centre. I've always been fond of the place; the way it's so convenient and uncrowded. Anyway, there's this place called "Cut & Curl", and I've got a rocking hair-do. I was tentative at first; but what-the-heck lah. You can always judge a salon by the hair-styles of the hair-stylist, and they looked good. After a snip-and-a-snap, and something called "layering" (i never got the concept of layering..layering hair...WTF?). Anyway, my 'do looks awesome. Happy with it, personally.

I've got stuff to do, so yeah, byebye. I managed to finish about half of my work this morning (English/Geography) and still have Peer Tutorings to finish off. And there's also the Social Studies test on population, but that shouldn't be too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter