Raymond Angelo is the Exoticoption.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Don't rain on my parade

After two days of no school, I made my return yesterday.

I don't think I really missed out on too many things. Good thing too. We've got our PPRs back. Got 2nd. The breakdown?

Eng: b4
MLB: Pass
CH: a1
Geog: a1
AMaths: a1
EMaths: a1
Chem: a1
Phys: a1

...

I didn't think I'd get so many 1s. Seriously...I only managed to get 1s in certain subjects because I scored very well in some tests.

Anyway...the whole atmosphere wasn't very end-of-term...you know? Probably because we had a debate that day.

The school our debate was going to be held at was called North Vista. It's somewhere in Punggol (gasp), Sengkang (shock!) or Buangkok (Where the hell?). We spent ages looking for the school. I tried to rehearse my speech, but fuck...I got motion sickness. I just tried to relax and looked at all the fields in Punggol, Sengkang or Buangkok. God, there were a hell-lot of fields. If you're wondering what they have in the north, let me tell you that all they've got to offer are Fields, Punggol Plaza, and the purple-coffins called LRTs. Anyway, we eventually found the school. Their canteen was fresh. They've got comfy chairs! And they seem to have toilets exclusively for upper-secondary boys, because frankly, the urinals were so high, some sec 1s and 2s won't be able to get their weiners into the firing range. Maybe they're just taller at the north...you know...with the higher latitude and all...oh fuck it...i'm short

Anyway...the debate. We had 4 younger adjudicators this time around. Nabei...adjudicators always seem to laugh at my name. Raymond Angelo. Harharhar. And also Ringo's name. Ringo Starr from the Beatles. Now if Jeremy only had a weird name...say Samy or something, we'll be set for life. Anyway, I started it off. Was feeling confident. My blocked nose made my voice less raspy it seems, but also had the unwanted side-effect of taking out the "Ooompph". It went fine lah, however, I can look at my script less. I'll be switching to cue cards next time around, I promise. Good job to Ringo and Jeremy Tan, brothers. Ringo was good as usual, his rebutalls, speech. Slick fucker won best speaker again. Jeremy Tan was great too, up to the last minute lah, where he kinda lost track of things. Props to him for being able to make jokes on the floor. My reply...could have been better. Stuttered at parts, and looked at my paper a tad too much. Must pat myself at the back for having balls. See right, the third opp speaker is not supposed to give substantive, because if he does, we have no chance of rebutting it. I actually said "The opposition has been unfair to us as they brought in substantive in their third speaker's speech. As much as I would like to rebut what they said, it is illegal for me, the reply speaker, as I am not allowed to contribute new points to the debate" or something like that. Powah! So yeah, we got our first unanimous win. The adjudicators looked really pleased with our team. They even told us to move up to B-Div! We can't though, it's our last year in QTSS.

So yeah, we went for dinner, then headed back to North Vista for the announcement of the qualifying teams. Surprise surprise. After 3 rounds, out of 42 teams in Singapore, we placed ...SECOND! That doesn't mean much, but it's a serious confident booster, yes siree. The quarter final's draw will be announced next friday. Excited? Me? Of course lah. It's the bottom four, versus the top four. Oh ya, FuHua made it in, so congrats to them.

However, there is one problem. Let me qoute from one of their debaters:

"
debate. we won. right in the face of queenstown sec. TO THEIR FACE."

Lol. Wtf? Haha. WOOHOO>>>I'M ROFLER BLADING!!!!! Haha. C'mon lah. I thought it was all over? We were watching them, to show our support. And guess who was it that told them they qualified, when they didn't stay for the results? Us.

Took a cab home. The cab ride was creepy. Chinese driver was playing some chanting music. No offence, but to someone clueless about the Chinese folk music, my skin was fucking crawling. I honestly thought it was some funeral music, and that it's being played for me cause he's gonna skewer me, roast me over scalding flames, and eat me up for tea. Boo for creepy chanting music being played by Cab Drivers.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Locations of visitors to this page Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter